Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fountain Valley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Fountain Valley, California have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Fountain Valley, California
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Fountain Valley, California have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fountain Valley, California with confidence.