Find a pro in Glendale, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Glendale, California
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Glendale, California, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.