Find a Pro in Glendale, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Some of the services a professional painter usually conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: The best painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical hourly charge for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Accordingly, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you pick, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of materials that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of minimum business for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Vetted Residential Painting Contractors Serving Near Glendale, California
When you need a dependable house painter near Glendale, California, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers many practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Glendale, California and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.