Find a pro in Green Valley Lake, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Green Valley Lake, California
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Green Valley Lake, California. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.