Find a pro in Greenfield, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Greenfield, California. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Greenfield, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Greenfield, California. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.