Find a pro in Hilmar, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Hilmar, California. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Hilmar, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Hilmar, California. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Hilmar, California. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.