Find a Pro in Irvine, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I can expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Some of the functions an expert painter usually performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Professional painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a professional painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do most painters charge per hour?
The average painter's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Take into account that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. For that reason, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are some benefits of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters receive the slowest business demand?
A major benefit to hiring during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Vetted House Painters in in Irvine, California
When you're looking for a good house painter in Irvine, California, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also gives many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that compiles all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Irvine, California and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.