Find a pro in Jurupa Valley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Jurupa Valley, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Jurupa Valley, CA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.