Find a pro in Kings Beach, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Kings Beach, CA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Kings Beach, CA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.