Find a Cabinet Refinisher in La Palma, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in La Palma, California have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in La Palma, California With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in La Palma, California have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in La Palma, California confidently.