Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Forest, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks should I expect when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free method to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is it similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Lake Forest, CA have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Lake Forest, CA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Lake Forest, CA have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake Forest, CA confidently.