Find a Pro in Lakewood, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Some of the tasks an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. For that reason, that price does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a good decision to prioritize interior painting for my house?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides those cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
What's the period of least demand for painters?
A major benefit about booking during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Discover a Professional Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Lakewood, California
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Lakewood, California, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also features several useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that collects all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Lakewood, California and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.