Find a pro in Los Altos, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // California // Los Altos
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Los Altos, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Los Altos, California. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.