Find a Pro in Malibu, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // California // Malibu
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overall aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically give you a superior result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and methods to conduct the project with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint adhere and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a sleek varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to let the paint adhere.
What's the cost related to painting the exterior of a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in Malibu, CA
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Malibu, CA. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and experience to deliver outstanding services. You can improve your home's appearance with new paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By seeking out a professional to take care of the project, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently search for painters, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can offer. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and easy to use for anyone to select the most suitable contractor for the project near them. You can also direct message contractors, receive a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Having a newly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals prepared to begin the project and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced professional to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.