Find a Pro in Malibu, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart choice?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least active time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Because every house differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on other variables like where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional House Painting Contractors Serving Near Malibu, California
When you need a reliable residential painter in Malibu, California, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also supplies plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that brings together all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Malibu, California and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.