Find a Pro in Mission Viejo, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the usual per hour price for painters?
The average painter's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Therefore, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Does interior painting give an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the inside of a residence?
The cost to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than an entire home, especially a spacious residence.
You can expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local painter to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Mission Viejo, CA
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Mission Viejo, CA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also provides several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that organizes all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Mission Viejo, CA and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.