Find a Pro in Monrovia, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about selecting the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overarching design you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
Why may it be advantageous to hire the expertise of an exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to do it all. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
What measures are involved in getting a house ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it is done with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the project with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost for a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and give you an accurate quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Monrovia, CA
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Monrovia, CA. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the skills and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's appearance with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly look for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for anyone to find the best professional for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, receive a quote, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver useful recommendations and help you come up with a beautiful color scheme. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to start the project and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled exterior painter to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.