Find a pro in Montebello, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Montebello, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Montebello, California. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.