Find a Cabinet Painter in Moreno Valley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // California // Moreno Valley
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Which features do I expect from a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Make sure that any professional you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by checking their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Do I need to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's always enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Moreno Valley, CA, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Moreno Valley, CA
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Moreno Valley, CA fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all important information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Moreno Valley, CA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.