Find a pro in Novato, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Novato, California
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Novato, California. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.