Find a Pro in Ojai, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // California // Ojai
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when choosing the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the overall aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What benefits come with the choice to recruit a contractor for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a better result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and skills to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to carry it out. With their superior practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, tools, and strategies to do the job with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clean area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
Can you provide an estimate of the cost involved in exterior residential painting?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Painting Services in Ojai, CA
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Ojai, CA. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to provide high-quality services. You can update your property's aesthetic with fresh paint that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get a better idea of their level of expertise. Search through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to select the best contractor for the job near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with helpful suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color arrangement. Painting projects can increase your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to begin the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.