Find a Pro in Orange, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual per hour rate for painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Can interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you pick, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides those imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the area. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a spacious home.
You can expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in a region with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Orange, CA
When you're looking for a reliable house painter near Orange, CA, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that brings together all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Orange, CA and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.