Find a Pro in Orinda, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // California // Orinda
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively inexpensive to improve how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the general look you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the propensity to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why should you hire an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a superior result than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering less-than-optimal results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to conduct the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stay and look beautiful for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the normal budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and offer you a free estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors in Orinda, California
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Orinda, California. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the training and knowledge to offer outstanding services. You can update your home's appearance with a new pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By hiring a contractor to take care of the project, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly look for painters, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of what they can provide. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost platform. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to select the best candidates for the project in their area. You can also direct message contractors, request a quote, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver useful suggestions and help you come up with an attractive color combination. Painting can boost your home value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors ready to start the project and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get excellent results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.