Find a Pro in Palm Desert, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What kind of services will a house painter perform?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your service could then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do experienced painters charge by the hour?
The average painter's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Remember that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Accordingly, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Does interior painting give a good return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you pick, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of lowest business for painters?
A major selling point to hiring during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Knowledgeable Home Painters Near Near Palm Desert, CA
When you want a dependable house painter in Palm Desert, CA, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also features several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Palm Desert, CA and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.