Find a Cabinet Painter in Palo Verde, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // California // Palo Verde
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which variety of paint do you use on cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
How can I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what style you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any contractor you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep phase necessary when painting all cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How much will I need to budget to paint my existing cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Palo Verde, CA, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter in Palo Verde, CA to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A quick way to increase the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Palo Verde, CA varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all the information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Palo Verde, CA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.