Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and offers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA with confidence.