Find a Pro in Temple City, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good choice to prioritize interior painting for my residence?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your home in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are produced with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
A major selling point to hiring within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few obvious things to watch out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set time for a new coat, because every home is different. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can change how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I can expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
A few of the tasks a professional painter generally performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced House Painting Contractors in Near Temple City, CA
When you want a reliable residential painter in Temple City, CA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that collects all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Temple City, CA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.