Find a Pro in Tustin, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
During which time of the year should I book services with a roofer?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Tustin, CA. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Tustin, CA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Tustin, CA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.