Find a pro in Allenspark, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Allenspark, Colorado
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Allenspark, Colorado. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.