Find a Cabinet Painter in Allenspark, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction with cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern look. Common wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to pop up once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the long prep step a necessity prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Allenspark, CO, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter in Allenspark, CO
A quick way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Allenspark, CO varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Allenspark, CO confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.