Find a Cabinet Painter in Arriba, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Arriba
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter which type of paint I choose for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for home walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek look. Typical wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
Which qualities do I expect from a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any contractor you hire gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by assessing any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Will I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will I have to budget to paint my existing cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Arriba, CO, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Arriba, CO
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Arriba, CO varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Arriba, CO easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.