Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Brighton, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Brighton, Colorado have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Are there some particular licenses or qualifications I should look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reputation through online client reviews.
A dependable expert should give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are taken for professionally refinished cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually numerous steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, all gear will be removed, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as scratches, dents, and other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing process is critical to giving a high-quality result, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, all gear will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing process will vary based on aspects like the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, contractors may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to reality.
How will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
One Platform With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Brighton, Colorado With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Brighton, Colorado have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Brighton, Colorado confidently.