Find a pro in Buena Vista, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Buena Vista, Colorado
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Buena Vista, Colorado. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.