Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dacono, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple method to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Dacono, CO have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Dacono, CO Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Dacono, CO have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dacono, CO with confidence.