Find a pro in Denver, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Denver, CO
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Denver, CO, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Denver, CO. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.