Find a pro in Dupont, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dupont, Colorado
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Dupont, Colorado, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.