Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dupont, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Dupont, CO have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Dupont, CO
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Dupont, CO have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dupont, CO confidently.