Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Firestone, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How do I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Firestone, CO have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Firestone, CO
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Firestone, CO have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Firestone, CO with confidence.