Find a Cabinet Painter in Florence, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Florence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What variety of paint do you use on cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints might not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How do I pick a cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by checking any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is it really crucial to prime or sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Florence, Colorado, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Florence, Colorado
A smart way to enhance the appeal of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Florence, Colorado varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Florence, Colorado easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.