Find a Pro in Fort Collins, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average expenditure on labor while painting the interior of a house?
The cost to paint the interior of your residence depends on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a big residence.
You should expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local professional to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How often do I need to paint the exterior of my residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every house differs from the other. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
Some of the functions a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional might then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical hourly charge for painters?
The average painter's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or product included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Fort Collins, Colorado
When you require a good residential painter near Fort Collins, Colorado, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also supplies plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that collects all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Fort Collins, Colorado and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.