Find a pro in Fort Garland, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Fort Garland, CO. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Fort Garland, CO
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Fort Garland, CO. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.