Find a Pro in Granby, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the appropriate color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to improve how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the general design you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What advantages come with the decision to recruit a professional for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and knowledge to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's done with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and strategies to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look beautiful for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
How much does an exterior painting project cost for a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how skilled your contractor is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Granby, CO
Begin your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Granby, CO. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and experience to provide outstanding services. You can improve your home's design with new paint that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Look through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our no-cost app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to find the most suitable professional for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, ask for an estimate, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver useful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver outstanding workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and contacting a skilled painter to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.