Find a pro in Grand Lake, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Grand Lake, CO. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Grand Lake, CO
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Grand Lake, CO. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.