Find a Cabinet Painter in Greeley, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sleek look. Typical wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
How can I find the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Can I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the typical price of a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are several things that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Greeley, Colorado, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will have to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter in Greeley, Colorado to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Greeley, Colorado fluctuates, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Greeley, Colorado confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.