Find a pro in Gunnison, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gunnison, CO
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Gunnison, CO. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.