Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Hudson, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks should I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Hudson, Colorado have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Hudson, Colorado With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Hudson, Colorado have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Hudson, Colorado with confidence.