Find a pro in Jamestown, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Jamestown, Colorado
If you need roofing maintenance services in Jamestown, Colorado, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Jamestown, Colorado. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.