Find a Cabinet Painter in Jefferson, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Jefferson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What kind of paint do you use with cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How can I find a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their previous work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Will I need to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's always enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What factors are considered when it comes to the price for painting cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Jefferson, Colorado, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter in Jefferson, Colorado Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Jefferson, Colorado fluctuates, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Jefferson, Colorado confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.