Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Johnstown, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be the ideal option for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Johnstown, Colorado have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any particular licenses or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and dependability with online customer feedback.
A reputable expert will provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing accomplished?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing task will adhere to an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are typically numerous steps used to transform the look of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first inspected to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If so, any gear will be taken off, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor issues, like scratches, dings, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be crucial to imparting a high-quality result, and may need several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, any hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished project satisfies your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing process may vary based on things like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
What kind of advantages should I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Johnstown, Colorado
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Johnstown, Colorado have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Johnstown, Colorado confidently.