Find a Cabinet Painter in Lake George, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Colorado // Lake George
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint usually used for home walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
How do I pick the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Should I just paint over my home's cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How do I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are several things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Lake George, Colorado, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Lake George, Colorado
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Lake George, Colorado varies, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Lake George, Colorado confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.